Friday, August 8, 2008

My First Effort!

I'm gonna try this Blog thing the kids are into... see if it sticks. My goal is to do something a little more interesting that simply promoting whatever crap I'm up to. I will do that, of course, but I don't wanna just do that.

So, my plan is to scan a single image from my personal art collection each weekday, and comment about why I think the piece is noteworthy. It may be a simple panel from a Frank Robbins daily. It may be a sketch by John Buscema. It may even be something modern... although I doubt it. If you don't know who Frank Robbins is, this is a blog you desperately need, my friend.

So, come back soon, and we'll get this damn thing revved up.

Anj

1 comment:

DGKnipfer said...

Careful about posting scans of original art you've got Ande. Some of them may have publishing and copyright limits on them. Most artist and publishers won't care as your giving them (in effect) free advertising; but there are some stuck up jerks out there who'll go nuts over nothing. Just a friendly warning.

Love the Buscema panel. I agree 100% that his love of drawing Conan always brought out his best work.