Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday... a couple of repeats- True Blood and Jess Marsh!

Okay, first off, I am done with TRUE BLOOD. I just watched the second episode, and it is just silly. I really can't think of any better, or more illuminating word for it. I don't give a rat's ass about any of these people. Maybe Alan Ball is trying something grand here... maybe it's all a metaphor for being gay or different. I don't know. I also don't care. Too bad. I could certainly watch more of the hot waitress chick. Anyway, life's too short.

By the way, Mad Men continues to be excellent. This week offered one of my new favorite lines, "I was right. There's only one book about Moby Dick."

And, while I don't have anything especially new to offer as an art scan today, I do want to share a new Jesse Marsh image a pal sent me. Holy shit, was Marsh amazing! Look at the composition, the negative spaces, the bold drybush. It's a fantastic image. Of course, Tarzan saying something totally cool doesn't hurt, either.

That's all for today. I'm too upset about my poor, pitiful Chiefs to write more. I'll regroup and get back to normal tomorrow.

Anj

2 comments:

Brook said...

Yeah, I agree with you about True Blood. I might give it another episode or two, but I'm not very impressed at this point.

brook

Shawn Crystal said...

The ending to that Episode was so cliched, stupid, and too cartoonish. This is sensationalist TV at best. It is midly entertaining.