Monday, March 23, 2009

So... Here I Am!

It's been nearly two months since I last posted here. In that time, I have thought about the blog quite a bit. In fact, I've been thinking about my entire online presence. I've added Twitter to my daily routine, and have tied my updates there into my Facebook page. I even conned a friend into helping me do something with my pathetic website, so that should be viable again someday soon.

Which leave this blog. I resisted blogging in the first place for a long time. I figured that I didn't want to do a blog unless I could make it unique somehow. When I hit upon the idea of posting scans from my art collection, it seemed like a natural... something I enjoy talking about, and something that I hadn't really seen anyone else do on a regular basis. For a few months there, it was golden. I was getting read by quite a few folks, and I thought I was actually opening some eyes about what makes good, solid comic book art... well, good and solid.

It was, however, hard work. Choosing images, scanning, finding new things to say... it got tough to keep up the schedule I had laid out.

So, I have decided to change to format here. I plan to blog every weekday (I know... I've said that before), but the posts will not follow any specific format. I'm going to stop by in the morning, before I begin my career writing, and offer whatever I can think of. I may talk about my work. I may talk about something political. I may talk about the new hat I've purchased. Who knows... I may even show off a scan from my art collection.

So, please... stop by again soon. I've got a lot of cool stuff to talk about. Well, for a few days, at least.

Your humble servant,
Anj

2 comments:

Gordon Harries said...

I vote for occasional work journal type posts about the new thriller, although I realize that some of the contents may be time sensitive.

Alternatively, in the run-up to the release of ‘Public Enemies’ you could talk about depression-era gangsters (would I be correct in thinking that Bryan Burroughs’s book was one of the books you used for background for ’Union Station’?)

Brian Churilla said...

Here here! Looking forward to rambling, bourbon-fuled rants.

Personally, I'd love to see some inking tutorials.