Monday, April 27, 2009

Back At It!

Seems like much of the last week has been school board business, and that continues today. One long meeting this morning, and another tonight. As a bonus, tonight's meeting will deal with a very tough personnel decision and new budget concerns. Oof. Why did I sign up for this again?

On the work front today, I'm trying to finally wrap up the Ciudad page-by-page outline. It has dragged on way too long. Part of that has been me not working on it as much as I would have liked, and part has been just struggling with it. I've been forced to face some things that worked in the abstract, but did not work perfectly when really put down on the page. I think I have cleared the last of the big hurdles now- the emotional beats that will really make the story work. So, it's down to a lot of chasing and shooting. Easier to write, but a little trickier when it comes to nailing down exactly how much space it will consume.

Finally, a little art to share today. I loaded a bunch of stuff to my eBay store last night. I thought I'd show off one of those items here. Phil Hester and I have moved to a blue-line inking process, where Phil sends me a digital file instead of the actual pencils. I then print that file in blue and ink on that printout. Thus, we can now offer both pencils and inks for sale. I think it's kind of cool. We'll see how the market responds. God knows I wish Jack Kirby had been working this way on Thor. Damn you, Colletta!

So, enjoy!

Anj

3 comments:

Art said...

Ande -

I'm a big fan of the "process" pages you've put up. Is it ok if I re-post them on my blog?

Brian Churilla said...

So you finally dragged old man Hester kicking and screaming into the modern age of blue-line inking. Ha! But seriously, tight as always.

Ande Parks said...

Thanks, guys.

I don't mind if you re-post. Just say where you got it, please.

Anj