Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday... Goodbye, Shitty Week!

Well, that was a doozy. Lots of school board meetings, lots of stress, lots of poor sleep, and not enough work done or quality time with family spent.

So, I'm behind the eightball today, trying to make up for the lack of production a little bit before heading out to a dinner with the family tonight. Ciudad script is still going well, and I have been able to adhere, thus far, to the outline I spent so much time on.

I gotta get to it, but I do hate to leave you with nothing visual. So, I grabbed a sketchbook and found a page I wasn't ashamed to share. I have to admit, I do very little of this kind of sketching these days. As you know, I'm trying to write more, and the drawing skills just don't seem as pressing right now. Even at the height of my inking career, I didn't do as much drawing as I should have. But, I would go through little spurts of sketching, and it was always relaxing and good for the inking.

Here's a little sample.

Now, go... enjoy your weekend! Oh, and if you're in Kansas, consider coming out to see me and a lot other cool comic cats at the 2009 Free State FreeCon, in Lawrence. http://www.kcfancon.com/freestate4.html

Anj

1 comment:

Gerry Alanguilan said...

Hey Ande... It was my one regret when I was inking. That I didn't do enough sketching and drawing. I stopped inking for a couple of years just to write and draw and do my own comics. I'm gonna be back inking again very soon, and I think all that drawing will help me do a better job. I'm going to make sure I don't stop drawing again.