Friday, September 24, 2010

My Coen List

Sick. Bored. Trapped in my studio. So, I decided to rank the films of my favorite filmmakers.

Keep in mind that this is all very relative. I like all of Joel and Ethan's work. Maybe later, when I have the energy of something more than a gnat, I'll come back and elaborate. Oh, and for sticklers who may want to bust my balls about Paris je t'aime, I'm only talking features.

In my own humble opinion, from my favorite down.

Fargo
No Country For Old Men
Miller's Crossing
The Big Lebowski
Barton Fink
O Brother, Where Art Thou
The Hudsucker Proxy
Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
The Man Who Wasn't There
Intolerable Cruelty
Burn After Reading
A Serious Man
The Ladykillers

Anj

3 comments:

=shane white= said...

Barton Fink
Raising Arizona
The Big Lebowski
Fargo
No Country For Old Men
The Hudsucker Proxy

Blood Simple
The Man Who Wasn't There
Miller's Crossing
A Serious Man

O Brother, Where Art Thou
Intolerable Cruelty
Burn After Reading
The Ladykillers

Just thought I'd remix it to see where my taste lie by comparison. I tend to dig the more fantastic and bizarre Coen Brothers work. :)

=s=

Parker said...

I'd be tempted to break this into three types of Coen movies and then rank each row!

mar said...

I could barely get through THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE. BURN AFTER READING doesn't even deserve to be on such a list. Didn't love O BROTHER. Haven't seen INTOLERABLE CRUELTY. But FARGO and THE BIG LEBOWSKI might be on my top 10 of all time list.